Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a GC used to building specs and not too many customs. I'm happy to have picked up a couple customs for the next 12 months but want to make sure I keep my clients happy. My question is what kinds of reports do fellow GCs submit to clients and how often? I have a particularily high maintenance client and feel that if I have some sort of system down where once or twice a month I submit status reports that might keep them at bay? Any suggestions besides my excel budget report?

Thanks.

·
Custom Stuff
867 Posts
ddog,

SOP for me is a once weekly email FLASH REPORT that goes over what has been accomplished the past week, and what we expect to get done the following week. Doesn't matter how involved they were the past week or how much they actually saw happened. I feel its best to put all this in an email trail. Its also a good way for you to keep on top of yourself.

Always ask them to give you continual feedback, via email, and you will be more on top of things than maybe you want, but you will never be blindsided.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, good idea. I like the flash report and my client is already giving her own flash reports, if you will, so that's appropriate.

·
Sean
5,535 Posts
In this weekly report, I would include pictures & any time-lines coming up (i.e. Tile choice due on 1.31.09, etc...) There also web based programs out there where they can log on to, but I would still email them a quick synopsis & what is due on their part. You may also want to recap any conversations you had with the, archis, & change orders signed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts