Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my name is 56thought iam in the construction clean-up business. i prayed to god that my territory would be enlarged, and it has started booming. \
I need to find out if anyone can Help me. I need some input on Two Projects I 'am starting. Frist is a 1365 sq ft hardwood floor. the home has original hardwood floor dating back in year 1937. i need to know would you sand the floors being that the floors are in good conidition. Second I have someone who wants me to get down on a Project that has 38,000 sq ft needing VCT tile floors. I need to know how to tell him a price and be competitive. Can someone who has Passion give me a Comment back and tell me something Positive so I can have a Thought to go with over the weekend. Anyone with a Two Way Walkie Talkie My # is 151*133*8932! Please if you love to help and have pssion about building and helping me please Chrip Me I would love to here your thought!:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the best then the rest!

passion inside passion
hi my name is 56thought iam in the construction clean-up business. i prayed to god that my territory would be enlarged, and it has started booming. \
I need to find out if anyone can Help me. I need some input on Two Projects I 'am starting. Frist is a 1365 sq ft hardwood floor. the home has original hardwood floor dating back in year 1937. i need to know would you sand the floors being that the floors are in good conidition. Second I have someone who wants me to get down on a Project that has 38,000 sq ft needing VCT tile floors. I need to know how to tell him a price and be competitive. Can someone who has Passion give me a Comment back and tell me something Positive so I can have a Thought to go with over the weekend. Anyone with a Two Way Walkie Talkie My # is 151*133*8932! Please if you love to help and have pssion about building and helping me please Chrip Me I would love to here your thought!:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Sounds pitiful.. the guy is poor enough to be able to afford.. a 2-way, 8-mile Walmart-style Walkie-Talkie... with a distinguished number :whistling

·
General Contractor
8,051 Posts
Being a passionate guy, I will help you out. Tree Fitty a SF. Cannot go wrong and you will be competitive.

Save this, frame it and put on your desk... just incase in the near future you don't feel like calculating material, overhead and labor costs and want to slap a quick estimate to be competitive and land a job :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
semi-skilled laborer
2,075 Posts
So basically it is another thread about " how much should I charge ?" but you threw some religion in. I really think you should pray for an answer,after all Jesus was a carpenter, he will know what to bid.

·
Crash Test Dummy
2,210 Posts
I don't he was asking how much exactly...

I need to know how to tell him a price

You could tell him a price verbally. Just be sure to let them know it could go up or down a little. I like to put my prices in writing for the customer once I have the final cost figured out.

But I let them know the written bid is good for 30 days only.

·
Banned
9,058 Posts
Being a passionate guy, I will help you out. Tree Fitty a SF. Cannot go wrong and you will be competitive.

Save this, frame it and put on your desk... just incase in the near future you don't feel like calculating material, overhead and labor costs and want to slap a quick estimate to be competitive and land a job :thumbsup:

You're gonna wear that thing out pretty quickly around here greg...hope ya got lots of 'em...:laughing:

·
Registered
ornamental plasterer
1,427 Posts
FRist:) nobody will sand old hardwood floors if they are in good condition. Sweep it clean and wax with hot natural bee's wax and polish. Just it. Be positive. You can do that.

·
Thom
4,137 Posts
Do it for nothing, pass an offering plate when you are complete and trust god to provide a fair contribution.

Reactions: ScipioAfricanus

·
solar guy
1,917 Posts

Greg Got a little too much time on your hands lately

Sounds pitiful.. the guy is poor enough to be able to afford.. a 2-way, 8-mile Walmart-style Walkie-Talkie... with a distinguished number :whistling
The number looks like a nextel #

Do it for nothing, pass an offering plate when you are complete and trust god to provide a fair contribution.

:w00t::w00t::laughing::laughing:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts