Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Swanny
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This info is new to me, might be old to others, but just wanted to share.

Heard today that CONCEALoc will be introducing a starter row clip for TT boards very soon.

Don't have an exact date but looking forward to them.

I don't know how others were doing it, but we were face screwing our front starter board on the outside row (usually partially hidden by railings) and the clipping the rest.

On our stair treads, we've been cutting a small slit (tab width) into the TT riser using a multi-tool with cutting wheel to inset the upper tab to get the clip flush against the riser.

The leading edge of the nose board is fastened with a composite screw toed from underneath. End result is no face screwing on the treads.

Works great for now but the new clip will be nice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good news!

We install the hidden fastening systems pretty much like you do, Swanny. Face screw the first board and clip the rest. It will be great to not have to face screw and plug the first board anymore - assuming the new clips are a viable solution!

·
Workin' Hard & Havin' Fun
1,763 Posts
We've been using the starter clip from Trex, as well as face screws, depending on the location & application...

~Matt

PS, wouldn't it be nice if the manufactures informed us of their innovations? Nothing's as embarrassing as a customer telling me about something new- and I obsess about knowing what's coming down the pike!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts