Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Henry, and i have started up a new crawl space waterproofing and mold remediation company here in Wilmington NC. i am currently mostly marketing towards realtors for leads and its going well, however i want to expand my clientele further. I have a question thats kind of ethically challenging. Is it ok to ask for referrals from other General Contractors that are not in the same line of business? For instance a house building or remodeling company, what are some better ways to enhance my business in this line of work. Any answers would be of great help, thanks and god bless.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
That is called 'networking'----make friends.

I turn a lot of work over to other trades---that makes me look good with my customers--the go to guy for answers.

Join a contractors association if there is one in your area. Chat up other trades and contractors---Good people have good friends---

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Henry,
There is nothing unethical about asking for work. I have a half dozen mold remediation sub contractors on my bidders list. I would (if I were you) go to the big builders in your area and speak to their project managers and get on their short list. Talk to the roofing and construction consultants in your area as well. Then join up with your local contractors association. RCI, ACA, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts