Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ralph
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to start on a car with very little rust to removal all paint inside and out. I have all ways used Starblast because of the nice finish it leaves. How does fine glass compare? I know price is a big difference.

·
Todd
848 Posts
I tried to report it as spam...couldn't find a report button?

Anyway...

I am kind of on the other side of the spectrum from finding a replacement for Starblast.
Benny mentioned at the SSPC show that GMA garnet was there in attendance so I went and spoke with the Rep... Looking for an alternate to use as well but looking for something that fractures less or comes with less fractures from the manufacturing process. I have found that it breaks down pretty quick and is higher maintenance for the filters in my collector.
Crushed glass is more of a one time use throw away media...right?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Blastserv, just jump on in there and make the switch to steel grit and shot. Will last a good long time and not near as dusty. Just do not get it wet!

·
Ralph
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Painter213, you use steel shot grit and shot on cars?
For that matter aluminum oxide? Starblast leave a nice finish but doesn't cut paint as fast as glass. I was wonder if fine glass leave as nice a finish. For that matter what about 30/70 mesh glass?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Cars!? I leave cars up to the body shops man. My scope of work is industrial. Bridges, tanks, nuclear, petro chemical and beyond. Cars? NO!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts