Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
jm2649
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a residential contractor and am pricing out an addition to a family room. My local bldg. supply outlet carries Stanley Pro Fit & Premium windows. I am interested in feedback on the quality and customer satisfaction. Also being considered is Certainteed vinyl windows.

·
Banned
139 Posts
Hello,
As a customer who purchased a Stanley door, my opinion is to pick a
better quality door. I put one in about 15 years ago and it was a metal door with a so called thermal break which was a joke. If you want to stick with quality products, go to any home show and you will find names like "Pella, Anderson and a few others. The mom and pop manufacturers of doors and windows do not show their wares at home shows because they don't want the public to see the comparison. Remember, your name will be associated with a poor product when it fails.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I dont know about Stanley windows. I sell 2 windows, Andersen's for people who want wood windows, Certainteed XT's for low maintance. Both are comparible in price. IMO these are the best windows in my area.

·
jm2649
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
magnum said:
I dont know about Stanley windows. I sell 2 windows, Andersen's for people who want wood windows, Certainteed XT's for low maintance. Both are comparible in price. IMO these are the best windows in my area.
Thanks for the advice. I looked at Certainteed again and felt the increased cost was worth it and went with them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
jm2649 said:
I am a residential contractor and am pricing out an addition to a family room. My local bldg. supply outlet carries Stanley Pro Fit & Premium windows. I am interested in feedback on the quality and customer satisfaction. Also being considered is Certainteed vinyl windows.
Stanley is made by Simonton as a private label, kind of like Kenmore appliances. It is a lower end Simonton, and carries no value up against the Certainteed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts