Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am yanking an r-panel roof off a fire hall and 4 of the panels are translucent for light. We are going back with an 18" double lock standing seam roof, with 2" tall seams, and they've decided they want to go back with translucent panels. I don't even know if anyone has come up with such a thing. Any suggestions, comments, laughing, etc., would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for not playing by the rules. Problem is we were supposed to start the roof in question yesterday. I actually googled these forums. The metal is being run off locally, and I'm hauling it with the gooseneck. They have no suggestions, but would love an answer! Does me alot of good! It would take alot of curbed skylights to accomplish what the translucent panels are producing, but it may be a last resort. No skylights and more artificial lighting is the best answer I've given myself! Thanks again guys (and gals maybe) for any and all your help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Umm yes Dr. Harsh, it is a little late. Thing is, the fire chief knew we probably couldn't go back with the same thing and was fine with that. This is a non-profit organization with a board of directors. So up rolls a cadillac, out steps a member of the board, and things change. This job is a favor for the local Fire Dept, so it's not gone exactly "typical". If a richer board member shows tomorrow, things will change again. Just thought I'd see if any of the roofing gods had suggestions before I just slam the door in the face of natural lighting, but thanks for your obvious expert opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.