Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Stairway with Full red oak treads and tile risers, at first when customer showed me the tile she had chosen I didn't know what to think but Now after it's done it came out pretty nice.

I'm moving this to the flooring section.
( sorry my fault but I figured it was 50/50 :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Nice job, they really look nice. How did you go about the oak on the landing? Tongue and groove strips on site or maybe make a larger panel in the shop and scribe I fit?

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
The risers look unusually high. Are they, or is it just the picture? I'm viewing on my phone, btw, so it may be me.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are full tread risers they come unfinished in any length you want, installed w/ stair jig to fit tight, then SNF to the clients preferred stain color, risers are to code, 8" or so, the tiles were not quite the right length so I staggered the starters so I always had factory edges

·
hack of all trades
1,144 Posts
What kind of tile is that? It looks to me like wallpaper, but I'm viewing on a tiny phone screen too. Looks like your installation was well executed but the design is very tacky. Reminds me of what my extended family in Missouri chooses for finishes. I guess it's original, I've never seen that before.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's 3d porcelain tile comes 12 x 36 the leaves have texture to them, I get paid to do what customers want, none of my work is by my design the bottom step is 45 angle cuts on both sides keeping the pattern lined up, but thank you all for the wallpaper comments, just means it was flawless given each riser had a break

1 - 11 of 11 Posts