Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Radical Basement Dweller
29,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to do some research to get two installed for a good customer.

Anyone got any preferences on these things...brands, etc?

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,603 Posts
Bruno stair lifts, super quiet. May be pricey not sure. They also can do curved units I have 2 customers who have them on curved stairs. Acorn is the standard here.

·
Super Moderator
10,674 Posts
I know, I know, it is an old thread. Be gentle

We bought a used Bruno stairlift last year, modified it, and installed it in my moms house. Worked great for about a year. Having some issues now, and finding that nobody wants to do any service work on it, because it is not a "certified" install. Talked with our elevator company, and they have a guy who can do the service, but it seems that the parts are even harder to find that service people.

Does anybody have a good source for electrical parts for these?

·
Registered
4,082 Posts

We bought a used Bruno stairlift last year, modified it, and installed it in my moms house. Worked great for about a year. Having some issues now, and finding that nobody wants to do any service work on it, because it is not a "certified" install. Talked with our elevator company, and they have a guy who can do the service, but it seems that the parts are even harder to find that service people.

May have something in the back. What do you need.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
29,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Just thinking out loud....
battery
remote control
outlet is good and isn't hooked into a gfci somewhere
track needs lubrication.
My brother had a piece of fabric caught in his chain (unseen unless you took a flashlight and looked for it) It wouldn't budge or even make a noise
reset button

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Battery charger has a diagnostic lite. If it flickers green to amber to red then there is a loose connection somewhere.
Culprit is usually loose spade connector, or the copper strips in the track not contacting the contacts well enough, or the springs in the back of the chair that hold the contacts in place. (Have to pull the cover to get to them)
Pretty easy to trace the circuits with a voltage tester from the batteries.
How old is the unit. What I've dealt with is only the newer ones.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
As with any manufacturers of disability equipment, they will only sell parts to authorized dealers. So, if it's a part then you'll have to go to a source like Mouser or Digikey, or even eBay. When they fail to operate its usually wiring or a safety/limit switch.

·
Registered
11,559 Posts
There are guys who do a side gig installing (and removing) used ones. Check your local craigslist for one of them.

·
Registered
9,603 Posts
Keep looking online, Bruno is one of the best units around. You can also get a used units fairly cheap and use the parts.
Most times it’s a connection issue but could also be the control under the seat or the box on the wall if it’s older unit

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Bruno support for parts generally only goes back 10 years or so. If they have it, I can order it. Of course, the supply chain issues are affecting them as well.
I talked to my Bruno shop, and they said they would service any Bruno lift that anybody has. They are a small independent operation. It might pay to look around for any independent operations in your area.

·
Super Moderator
10,674 Posts
Bruno support for parts generally only goes back 10 years or so. If they have it, I can order it. Of course, the supply chain issues are affecting them as well.
I talked to my Bruno shop, and they said they would service any Bruno lift that anybody has. They are a small independent operation. It might pay to look around for any independent operations in your area.
I have been searching. Actually one of the big outfits came out on a service call and gave me a parts list. Weird that they would do that, but wouldn't let me order them, nor would they install the parts if I got them. I have been searching for the parts online, including ebay, Access2parts, craigslist, etc.

Parts needed:
Flange bearing
1/2 swivel lock
push button switch
Antennae
Antennae whip

·
Registered
211 Posts
last one I did I didn't do. Did some checking and since he was a vet, slightly disabled, the VA came in and took care of it. Worth checking into if your clients have served in the military.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
I have been searching. Actually one of the big outfits came out on a service call and gave me a parts list. Weird that they would do that, but wouldn't let me order them, nor would they install the parts if I got them. I have been searching for the parts online, including ebay, Access2parts, craigslist, etc.

Parts needed:
Flange bearing
1/2 swivel lock
push button switch
Antennae
Antennae whip
I may have a swivel lock but that would be it. I might have tossed it out already. If need be, I can order parts from Bruno through the company that I've helped install these on occasion. If that's the case, hit me up in the messages.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts