Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my friend are about to try our first stain concrete on my garage which has really bad oil stains pretty dark. I know i need to put a big dent in getting these dark grease stains out to have a good floor. Whats the best solution out there to buy to help removing these stains.

·
Banned
92 Posts
Long story short, the acid isn't going to react in those areas, along with anywhere that has seen armor all, flux, ect.

·
Banned
92 Posts
That would be the best solution. Even new concrete is sometimes a b*tch to acid stain. I just wrapped up a 4500 sq ft job that was a new pour & had a 7 day deadline. I ended up using MEK based dye instead of acid to keep the "suprises" down to a minimum. Even using the dye its amazing what shows up when its sealed.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Even with overlay you may still need to prep the floor. Depending on what product you use. Some overlays you cant even buy unless you've been trained. In my area anyway.

Overlay would be your best bet though. There are many good self-leveling overlays out there that take acid stain well.

·
Tile and Stone Cleaning
22 Posts
This works very very well:

(I cannot post link for product with my post count -- type in prosoco oil remover into google)

It will not be good enough for an even acid stain though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts