Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
3 Jacks 2 Nines
549 Posts
My understanding is that back rolling creates a continuous surface so the pinholes that develop when spraying are covered. This completes your coverage area resulting in better adhesion of the paint. Why aren't power rollers used more often? Seems to me you'd save a ton of time on all that prep you have to do when spraying.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
My understanding is that back rolling creates a continuous surface so the pinholes that develop when spraying are covered. This completes your coverage area resulting in better adhesion of the paint. Why aren't power rollers used more often? Seems to me you'd save a ton of time on all that prep you have to do when spraying.
Oh, so now we're talking levels of adhesion? So you spend unnecessary time backrolling to achieve a better than necessary level of adhesion? OK, fine.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
If one can accomplish doing a fine job not backrolling, why not get good at that and save time (which equals $$$)? Jobs that can be done backrolling can be done just as well not backrolling. If you're job turned out crappy not backrolling, then say exactly why. Maybe you need to improve your technique. Otherwise, carry on backrolling. :whistling

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.