Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm dealing with a new construction duplex that we are hoping to finish pretty quickly, but there are so many touch-ups from all the other trades. What are you guys opinions on spraying extra paint into a 1 gallon container for my touch-ups. I was informed that the sheen will match that much better, vs just using my HVLP to preform touch-ups?

Your thoughts on getting the touch-ups just right?

Peter

·
Pro Painter
2,314 Posts
I don't know why you would need to spray it into a bucket. Wouldn't pouring it be much easier?

That said, use the one gallon bucket and a whizzie roller to touch up the walls. Just use a little 4" one and a brush. If there's cut in to fix, catch it with the brush...if there are patches to touch up, roll them with the whizzie. Some people call them hot dog rollers. Whatever you do, get the one's with the regular cotton nap for the walls, and don't buy the one with the button on the end of the roller cuz you can't paint corners with that one.

The little roller should keep the texture the same as the rest of the wall if you sprayed and back rolled. Sometimes I'll touch up small spots with the brush by stippling with the tips of the bristles. The paint you use has alot to do with how well it touches up also.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What recomendations would you give if no back rolling/brushing was done, so just sprayed?

The spraying an extra gallon from the sprayer thru the tip is to insure inform sheen from before.

Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts