what are you spraying?

what kind of sprayer?

what is the surface/substrate?

do you have to backroll?

get the idea

·
Thom
4,137 Posts
Generally, 1 man can prime, paint, and clean up the equipment of a 2200sf house in one day.

No prep
Masking is already done
No trim, paint only
8 or 9' ceilings
Flat and semi-g, one color only
no back-roll

·
Registered
293 Posts
Generally, 1 man can prime, paint, and clean up the equipment of a 2200sf house in one day.

No prep
Masking is already done
No trim, paint only
8 or 9' ceilings
Flat and semi-g, one color only
no back-roll
why the fk would you not back roll? I asume you're looking to find out how to price out spraying a rental for some dead beat renter...;)

two fiddy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
YES. it is a genric queston, how dull are you. I diden't ask how much you can backroll, It dose't matter what you are spraying and common sense would be a pro sprayer. It's funny how thier are so many dumb asses on this forum. It makes me wonder how get through life. eg. what your name,
"well, do you want my first name, last name, middle name, the name my wife calls me, the name my dog barks at me ect.ect.ect.

·
Registered
293 Posts
YES. it is a genric queston, how dull are you. I diden't ask how much you can backroll, It dose't matter what you are spraying and common sense would be a pro sprayer. It's funny how thier are so many dumb asses on this forum. It makes me wonder how get through life. eg. what your name,
"well, do you want my first name, last name, middle name, the name my wife calls me, the name my dog barks at me ect.ect.ect.

:eek:
:shifty:
BAHAHAHAHHA:laughing:

·
Registered
293 Posts
A pro might have asked
If spraying X product, on X project - how many sq ft does your painter accomplish in 8-9 hrs?

You see the problem now? Just one simple variable (of a few) can give you a differnt answer...

Or perhaps it was an open ended question and guys are expected to fill in the blanks?

Heck, I dont know.. Im just an idiot and proud of it!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
515 Posts
So you ask a generic question with a total of 10 posts in 11 months and decide to cop an attitude?!? What an a55hat.....

My generic answer: Until I run out of paint or get tired.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well if you run out of paint then you realy suck....the fact is most of the answers on this site are posted by posers and wanabees. Minus the guy from eco-painting (I've scamed some jobs from him, and he runs a real paint co.) anyone who post over 300+ time has way to much leisure time.
an average of 6 post a week?????? The real answer is 1000-1300sf a day. WOW, I didn't kill anyone or let out some crazy secret, the fact is most people on this site are bitter, maybe they had a tough start and no one show them the ropes. The truth is this is sad because this forum could be used to set a standard, like how all the other job trades work, (

Spectra Painting And Finishes Inc must die). The real queston wasn't how many sf can you spray, but are you a real paint co. because if you you have nothing to fear, why wouldn't you help the the guys just starting out.

If you you have a real queston, that need a real answer around the GTA let me know.

·
Smart phone? Scan me!
2,137 Posts
sooo.... this is the nexzt best way to ask us how much huh? What the FUCQ do YOU do in a day??? OOOOH.. YOu have no clue but want a job and want us to give you the magic number and screw over one of us who deserves it eh? Well figure it out on your own... better yet go apply at the grocery store.. I hear they are hiring sackers.. slacker.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Jer, I sincerely apologize if I've offended you. I guess after 26+ years in the business and close to 20 owning my own business I'm still a wannabe poser. I think if you do the math, you'll see that 1000 - 1300 sf a day equals about a 5 of paint....not very much is it?

If you had asked your question with a little more detail, ie; commercial / residential, type of paint, surface, etc., you may have gotten more detailed answers.

Btw, I've helped out numerous "new" guys in the business get started and grow their businesses...some are even past employees of mine who had what it takes to own their own businesses. And reading some of your past posts/replies I have the feeling that you may be trying to do just that. Try changing your attitude and you may get a little more help here....but then what the hell do I know?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts