Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was under the impression that the fluorocarbons used in spray foams had been banned, or was this only in Canada? Seems this is the nasty off gasing that is a health concern. I was looking at doing my crawl space with Touch-N-Seal 2 part system. MSDS says the product has fluoro's. This is not my area of expertise but having read the MSDS sheets I wonder about safety. You read those things and get concerned of waking up in the morning with a third arm growing out your back because of all the nasties in the product. I might be able to pull this off with the right equipment. I don't have a fresh air apparatus but do have a rig that can suck or blow air in or out of the crawl space. Made it from a furnace fan and motor. Uses 8" flex ducting and I can bring that into the space I am foaming. Is this doable or should I call in a crew?

200 sq.ft of crawl space to foam

·
Registered
22 Posts
The banned chemicals used in spray foam were from way back in the 70s. The levels of fluoros and such are required by law to be listed but are below the level of any risk at all. State level governments such as California's proposition 65 require that all chemical components of the materials are listed even though they are not capable of producing harm.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts