Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
2 little giants? Must have borrowed on from the neighbor.

That just looks dangerous.

He's probably thinking, "Hell, there's 72 inches of nice, soft, fluffy snow to gently bring my fat ass to a halt!"

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
If I ever have to get at something in an awkard place on a site I screw the ladder through the rubber feet, people don't notice the screws....the reactions are priceless.

·
Chief outhouse engineer
1,418 Posts
Both of the fine repairmen have the same safety violation. Their fall restraint lanyard exceeds 6'. :w00t:

Other than that, the only white knuckles appear to be coming from this forum.:whistling

If there was a picture of a little side job I did last month, it would look a bit like the guy with stacked little giant ladders. My adventure involved an 80 yr old wind mill attached to an equally seasoned catwalk and a 10 foot metal grain bin entrance ladder. Throw in some 16ga electric fence wire and a few hose clamps and you are starting to get the picture.:eek:

My mother would not be so proud, but the install was flawless in the end and a happy customer forked it over. :clap:

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

·
Super Moderator
10,604 Posts
I am sure we have all been on some set ups that we would not be proud of. We may have even had a mishap or two because of these. Sometimes you just have to figure out a way to do some things that require "special" thinking.

·
Chief outhouse engineer
1,418 Posts
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Well, I thought I had destroyed all the pics of my company potluck. I guess one of them slipped past my firewall.

Been looking for those flip flops...

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Anyone ever see the shows Fred Dibnah done? He was a steeplejack in the UK and he done some crazy stuff. I see a few of him climbing to the top of a chimney with wooden ladders he would install whilst he climbs it. Interesting shows.

Check him out if you never heard of him. Sadly he died but i can watch his shows for hours on end.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts