Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Text Font Clip art Line Logo

The Purdy Marathon™ roller cover is the newest product from Purdy and is formulated with an exclusive blend of nylon and polyester fabric that lasts longer, paints further, and provides a smoother finish with less lint. Marathon™ is perfect for large projects as it can take wear and tear while providing consistent coverage and great final appearance. It also has superb paint pick-up and release properties for increased productivity with less trips back and forth to the bucket. Use with either oil-base or water-base paints, and for interior or exterior applications.

Click here to learn more about the Purdy Marathon™ roller cover.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
I wish they made a 3/16" roller nap. 3/8" is short, but I much prefer 3/16" for roller and brushing trim.
I agree, there's one place around here that sells a perfect size nap for woodwork. They're kinda out of my way and they aren't even a paint store.

Purdy sent me one of the 1/2", I only used it on one room so I can't say much about it's performance but it seemed like it took forever to clean. I ended up throwing it away which I do most often with covers. It cost more of my time than it does to buy one. The only covers I wash repeatedly are lambswool.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I rarely wash out naps now, too much time and too much a waste of water. Besides, I'll have used that roller nap so much during a particular job, that by the time I've finished that job, that nap has earned a permanent retirement.

·
Registered
488 Posts
To be honest I didn't see much diff in the Marathon over their other covers. Hiss's me off they replaced the microfibers with Marathons.

·
Read Only
16,993 Posts
So I picked up 5 gal of Property Solution & a 3/4" Marathon this AM & laid it all on today.

Roller cover - worked well.:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts