Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Minor observation. I've stayed in motels and elsewhere with these type systems. They're a very good alternative to antiquated window AC's stuck thru a wall. The one thing I've always wondered is that all these systems don't show you the rooms current temp, either on the unit or the remote control. Just seems to me it would cost next to nothing to include that. So far I've been in 4 places with these type AC's, many brands.

·
Registered
11,195 Posts
Minor observation. I've stayed in motels and elsewhere with these type systems. They're a very good alternative to antiquated window AC's stuck thru a wall. The one thing I've always wondered is that all these systems don't show you the rooms current temp, either on the unit or the remote control. Just seems to me it would cost next to nothing to include that. So far I've been in 4 places with these type AC's, many brands.
Just imagine all the extra complaining if customers could see the temp and the fluctuations.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hotel cost savings tactics:
- not including the feature saves money on installation
- not showing temp on initial door entry helps to keep customer focused on the good things in the room
- euro style of cutting power when you leave the room leads to temp fluctuations that the extremes could upset a customer so don't show the customer how bad it is (I learned to use a business card in the "power slot" to keep the power on when going out for 1-2 hours)

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's true, in motels, the administration turns off the option. As mentioned above, this is done to avoid various complaints related to the air conditioner. As far as I know, these air conditioners show the temperature, this option can be adjusted. Before buying an air conditioner, I am always first of all interested in the presence of such an option in the air conditioner, and after everything else. By the way, I recently bought a great new Daikin air conditioner at a discount on https://www.airconservicingsingapore.com/installation/. Without air conditioning, I can't imagine my home and myself. This is one of the best inventions of mankind and it is not a joke.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts