Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Century Man
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We installed foam back siding on a house and have run into a situation that we're unable to resolve. The regular split block for the spigot or hydrant does not allow enough room to get your hand on the wheel. Mid-America doesn't have anything that helps such as an oversize block. Have any of you dealt with this and resolved the problem?

Thanks,

CM

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
How about a split mini block from master mount?

·
Banned
337 Posts
Color matched coil, j, and color matched caulking. I would also put the cap bend into the flashing piece and run it to the sill and j straight down both sides to the sill as well. Leaves no place for water to sit.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Get a plumber to cut the hose-bib loose, put a proper J-block on then reset the hose-bib.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
i would have used white j on that window, looks funky with that blue stripe inbetween the white window and white shutter.I always try to match my j color to the trim

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Who the hell makes that block???????? Ive never seen one like that before

The regular mid america split block works fine for us, as long as we put them upside down... WHY IS THAT????? Anytime i got a guy and he installs it with the arrow, the customer calls saying they cant hook up the hose

·
Head Grunt
3,270 Posts
"I would also put the cap bend into the flashing piece and run it to the sill and j straight down both sides to the sill as well. Leaves no place for water to sit." I agree, i also agree with the others as far as white J-channel and i would have used a white J-block. Calling a plumber to cut the pipe and extending it would be the quickest and easiest solution.

·
Siding Windows Doors
378 Posts
Duraflo has some accessories that have a deeper profile. You could also extend the split ring with coil and attach the reciever trim to it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
"I would also put the cap bend into the flashing piece and run it to the sill and j straight down both sides to the sill as well. Leaves no place for water to sit." I agree, i also agree with the others as far as white J-channel and i would have used a white J-block. Calling a plumber to cut the pipe and extending it would be the quickest and easiest solution.
I always try to match my blocks to the siding color. Why draw attention to an ugly spicket?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts