Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
GC/carpenter
44,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this from Trex, looks like they're offering spiral stairs.

From Trex,
Wanted to share with you some information on the new Trex Spiral Stairs. Attached is an information sheet and pricing for the various Trex Spiral Stairs options available. Trex Spiral Stairs are available in both aluminum powder-coated and galvanized steel in both 5-foot and 6-foot code-compliant diameters. Trex Spiral Stairs are available in all Trex Transcend and custom colors.
Table Ceiling Wood Room Architecture
Stairs Product Iron Handrail Porch
Product Stairs Iron Handrail Baluster

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
That is very cool.
I am not sure if you could get them here .
Did they give you an approx cost?
Have you used it before

·
GC/carpenter
44,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
B.D.R. said:
That is very cool. I am not sure if you could get them here . Did they give you an approx cost? Have you used it before
Freight is actually cheaper for the East coast. PM me your email and I will forward you the price list for everything. anyone else wants it I will forward it to them as well.

·
GC/carpenter
44,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Deckhead said:
Hard to believe they could do it for less than local.
I believe it's coming from the east coast, Trex has a larger operation on the east coast.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Super cool. Can you forward me the price list? I've done spiral stairs inside loft apartments, but never exterior. Typically the base set of spiral stairs, oak treads, and matching railing run about $10k without installation.

·
GC/carpenter
44,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
slowsol said:
Super cool. Can you forward me the price list? I've done spiral stairs inside loft apartments, but never exterior. Typically the base set of spiral stairs, oak treads, and matching railing run about $10k without installation.
PM me your email

·
GC/carpenter
44,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Deckhead said:
Certainly not saying it can't be done, I'd definitely be interested though. Is it just stock sizes? What happens if its a custom size, cause I had one that was like 8'6-1/2" once.
Heights from 7'-2" to 12'-8" I believe you just give them your deck height and they are made to fit.

·
Registered
Custom cabinetry
9,178 Posts
Spiral stairs have different rise requirements in order to maintain the proper headroom as you circle back under. This looks similar to the way ironshop.com does their spirals. They are easily adjustable in the height of each rise with set screws, they give you proper qty of treads and they all bolt together and you have to set the rise as you go, it's actually fairly easy. I did one by myself in a long day a number of years ago, 2 people would get it done easy in a day unless you add the decking inserts.

·
GC/carpenter
44,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
All you guys interested in Canada here's the email I got from Trex

Hi Mike,

Yes, the Trex Spiral Stairs are available in Canada? We can ship through shipping brokers anyway in Canada. More remote locations are quoted as a 30 day spot quote due to fluctuations in shipping costs.

I have attached our Trex Pro price sheet and information sheet. I can give you a good idea on shipping if you have a city or zip code in Canada that you can provide me with.

Let me know if you have a project in mind that I can provide detailed pricing for or if you have any questions.

Regards,

·
Registered
1 Posts
California,

I know this post is old but do you still have the Price/Information Sheet for the spiral stairs? I've seen the some of some of your posts as well as others and would like to maybe incorporate them into a new project. I'm located in NY.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
So its cool we can now get a stair case to match the decking.

Have any of you guys walked the sprial stairs in the statue of liberty ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.