Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having a horrible time with my speed square.

I have a dead on tools DO-FR Professionals Framers Rig tool belt and an Empire Laser Etched 7' speed square and it always seems to pop out of my tool belt pocket.

Any ideas on how best to keep it in my tool belt. Any ideas are welcome hooks, holsters, modifications. Share your story about what works for you.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice toolbelt but I do really like my toolbelt. Looking for a modification or hook or something that will work wtih my current setup.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
You need a belt with a spot for it
I have DeWalt framers bags and between the upper pouch and the lower pouch, there's a little groove that it fits in
Never falls out or get in the way

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had heard about that speed square and hook but it is no longer listed on their site and can't seem to find any online retailers or stores that carry it.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
mobius1982 said:
I had heard about that speed square and hook but it is no longer listed on their site and can't seem to find any online retailers or stores that carry it.
I saw one by chance in a mom and pop hardware store local to me. That might be your best bet.

·
hack of all trades
1,144 Posts
I have a belt with a place for the square and as soon as I lean over a certain way the thing comes bouncing out. I need to rig something up myself.

·
Owner/Worker
31 Posts
Tom Silva had a neat slot for a speed square but apparently they dont make them anymore. Google around and there used to be a short video made by Tom that shows how to make one out of PVC. Looked pretty slick!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts