Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a problem with computers calling their cell phone? It didn't bother me when it started happening to my Google Voice number because it can block those numbers out. But there's no way to block numbers on a regular cell phone line as far as I know.

Does this mean I have to put up with computers calling my phone three or four times a day for the rest of my life?

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
I don't know what type of cell phone you have, but almost every, android, apple and blackberry I have seen in the last 3 years has the ability to add a number to a blocked call list.

When I go to my phone and open the keypad and hit the menu button I have the option for blocked list I add any numbers which annoy me to there.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,985 Posts
Just go the your appropriate app store and look for a Call Blocker.

I don't just block certain numbers. The phone will answer the call and immediately hang up. So all they hear is a click and a dial tone.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,985 Posts
Doesn't seem to be available as an apple feature, perhaps time for a real phone? lol
There's no app for that?

That's incredible! An Crapple product that can't do something! :laughing:

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LeeFowler said:
You could just back up your phone to your computer and restore from backup after you update...
I know, except iTunes isn't working on my computer, I think I need to reformat my hard drive. Doesn't matter though, the app seems to be working.

·
Registered
Custom cabinetry
9,178 Posts
Apple iPhone does do that!
Only if your updated... Or did you miss that part of the thread, so it seems to me that this is a recent add on whereas androids have had this built in for who knows how long. I remember setting up a bunch of numbers to block probably 3 or 4 years ago.

·
Registered
297 Posts
RobertCDF said:
Only if your updated... Or did you miss that part of the thread, so it seems to me that this is a recent add on whereas androids have had this built in for who knows how long. I remember setting up a bunch of numbers to block probably 3 or 4 years ago.
I know that. I don't get why people use comments like "crapple" on a professional forum.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts