Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a space heater that has stopped working correctly. I replace the mother board and it works the same. The fans come on but it doesn't fire up. I looked at the spark plug thing and it looks like new condition. Whats parts do I throw at it ?

It used to make a ticking sound as it was firing the gas but that noise has stopped.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Ticking noise that isn't there any more might be a bad igniter??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ticking is electronic spark. Bypass the safety loop to see if it starts ticking again (safety loop includes exhaust fan sensor, high heat sensors etc). If ticks then sensor is bad. If not then igniter or control board.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Safety switch on door cover?

Reznor has wire diagrams with # off machine.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Does the flex hose have a anti leak "valve" similar to 20 # L.P. tanks???

Reset or remove....

missed a ground strap or wire needed for High voltage initiator?

Check induced draft fan is actually blowing that right amount of air.--damaged/blocked squirrel cage fan?

Is there a reset pin hole on board? many gas furnaces will lock out after x number of false starts.....

dead bugs in gas valves? plugged "dope" screen on gas valve.

Replace /check 24 volt transformer and or hot wire t-stat to always on?

Again reznor web site will have a trouble shooting chart.....:jester:

Fix it now, before next heating season...

What does your Fire Marshall think about the O2 supply in the same room as open flame? See OP attachment......:blink:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I pulled out the high temp limit control and one of the wires inside had become undone. It must have just rattled loose on its own. It fired up, thanks for the help-

1 - 15 of 15 Posts