Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Radical Basement Dweller
25,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am repairing some frozen pipes/drywall, etc for a lady who bought a rental property. The spa pump also froze and I'm calling in a pro to handle that.

Since she has a renter coming in next week, I'm wondering if there are such things as caps to plug the inlet and outlet of the tubing for the spa, so at least the tub could be used without the function of the pump.
The caps would be the two where the hoses connect to the pump.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Maybe get the right sized hose barb, and put a pipe cap on it..

Reactions: Robie

·
Registered
Remodel
29,569 Posts
I am repairing some frozen pipes/drywall, etc for a lady who bought a rental property. The spa pump also froze and I'm calling in a pro to handle that.

Since she has a renter coming in next week, I'm wondering if there are such things as caps to plug the inlet and outlet of the tubing for the spa, so at least the tub could be used without the function of the pump.
The caps would be the two where the hoses connect to the pump.

Thanks.
I wouldn't. If they decide to turn it on, it would over heat the heater - then that needs to be replaced. The spa should be empty and off limits until it has been fixed, IMO.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
25,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a "bath tub type spa. I have everything disconnected so nothing related to the jets, etc will work.

Though I agree with you on this, the customer may feel better about telling her first renters the tub can be used but the jets don't work....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts