Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've called around and it is not easy to find. None of the shops around here have the right replacement and to make it even worse, there is no part number, so cross referencing is not easy.

Who makes bolt-on-replacement for early 90s viking door latch like the one shown in attachment?

thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I ran into a guy that worked for Viking at my local ABC Supply yesterday..give him a call he works the front desk...sorry I forgot his name...but there are only two that work the counter ...

ABC Building supply 260 Bradley St
East Haven, CT 06512
203-467-1158
Fax: 203-467-1167

·
Registered
103 Posts
Viking was bought by Pella and renamed Thermastar.

No guarantee, but you may be able to get replacement hardware thru them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Try StryBuc. They have an on line catalog that has locks that are very similar to the photo. Just check the center to center spacing of the attachment screws. The locks that I have dealt with over years(residentially) have a spacing between 2" and 2 1/4". The lock won't have Viking on it, and it may even be black. Paint it.
StryBuc carries a lot of obsolete parts for older windows. May be a good source for others that vivit this site.
Another source is Blaine Hardware. They don't have that type of lock shown in their on line catalog.
Hope you find what you need.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ran into a guy that worked for Viking at my local ABC Supply yesterday..give him a call he works the front desk...sorry I forgot his name...but there are only two that work the counter ...

ABC Building supply 260 Bradley St
East Haven, CT 06512
203-467-1158
Fax: 203-467-1167
I ran into the same situation as Electric Light did, I called the guy at ABC Building Supply and he is not the same "Viking" as shown in the photo. I made a few more calls around and may have a lead on a replacement part - if I get some good news I will post it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts