Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like I hit the jackpot. Just bought about $2,000.00 worth of tools and fasteners for a little over a quarter of the cost. My buddies uncle runs a lumber yard here in town that sold the odd tool and fasteners. The two of us are partnering up to frame houses together so we popped by there see what he had. His uncle is getting out of the tools and fasteners side of the business.

Things we got

2 max air nail guns
1 hanger nailer
3 boxes of staples
A box of 10 saw blades
Nails etc

The max air guns were the best deal right after we bought them we went to another tool store and they were selling the same gun for around $450.00 and we paid less than that for two.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I feel like I hit the jackpot. Just bought about $2,000.00 worth of tools and fasteners for a little over a quarter of the cost. My buddies uncle runs a lumber yard here in town that sold the odd tool and fasteners. The two of us are partnering up to frame houses together so we popped by there see what he had. His uncle is getting out of the tools and fasteners side of the business.

Things we got

2 max air nail guns
1 hanger nailer
3 boxes of staples
A box of 10 saw blades
Nails etc

The max air guns were the best deal right after we bought them we went to another tool store and they were selling the same gun for around $450.00 and we paid less than that for two.
Are they different than the Max nailers at Lowes? I think they're just over 200 there..

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Are they different than the Max nailers at Lowes? I think they're just over 200 there..
I was looking at the max stick nailers myself a little while ago. The ones lowes sells have an aluminum colored magazine, but the ones my nail gun guy sells have a red magazine. So I'm guessing it may be a different model or something.

Dave

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FramingPro said:
Start the car!! (Ikea commercial reference)
Hah that's exactly what I was thinking. Get out of here before they change their minds

1 - 10 of 10 Posts