Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feels like I slept on it and cutoff blood flow. I have tried heat and ice.

Ibuprofen, Tylenol and Aspirin don't touch it.

Wife is looking for massager or electro pulse thing at pharmacy to try that.

Any ideas out there for relief?

Anything topical work for you?

Sound like arthritis, bursitis, nerve damage?

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
Feels like I slept on it and cutoff blood flow. I have tried heat and ice.

Ibuprofen, Tylenol and Aspirin don't touch it.

Wife is looking for massager or electro pulse thing at pharmacy to try that.

Any ideas out there for relief?

Anything topical work for you?

Sound like arthritis, bursitis, nerve damage?
Three weeks, eh? Maybe it's time for a doctor's appt. This is assuming you've already given it some time off and chance to heal on its own. :whistling

Edit: If you're thinking nerve damage (eg. numbness), don't wait.

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,269 Posts
I have tried all the pain relievers you mentioned, but the only thing I found to work is Naproxen Sodium (Aleve), I take two in the morning and two at night, it really starts working after about day two or three.
It's my life saver for pain relief.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you're thinking nerve damage (eg. numbness), don't wait.
No numbness. Real sore. I am not convinced but pretty sure it was sleeping on it for too long cutting off the blood flow.

I'm not sure though. Docs on Monday. In the mean time Im thinking a bottle of cheap scotch and some Aleve :laughing:

·
Super Moderator
27,604 Posts
Mqybe a tear or sprain. They suck.

Reactions: mikeswoods

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Feels like about six or eight square inches about the size of my face/head/pillow squeezing off the blood/oxygen

Not my dominant arm. Left handed and its my right arm

It is also possible I sprained/tore it when we were setting posts for a pole barn but they were smaller posts than usual and I have never had issues before. I was bear hugging a few to adjust them a tad before backfilling.

·
Super Moderator
27,604 Posts
Generally feel it give when there is a tear. Strain or over flexing maybe.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
If you feel what I feel, then it's self-diagnosed tendinitis.

Forearm is sore, weak, sometimes painful. Giving a firm handshake hurts sometimes.

Wake up in the morning and it feels like its asleep.

Go to your doc and see what he wants me to do. :laughing:

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Just use the other arm, you have two of them.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
I had a similar issue. I went to Chiropractor. She took care of it. I think it was a pinched nerve. She actually made it a little bit worse before it got better, but it worked.

And I don't like chiropractors - AT ALL!

But, I thought it was the last invasive approach and she came highly recommended.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I had something similar I think. I was really sore just above the elbow under the forearm muscle. Doctor diagnosis was tennis elbow.

My thought was how could something that sounds so wimpy hurt so bad? Anyway, got a little velcro strap that you wrap around your forearm. I was very skeptical, but it made a huge difference in a few days.

Haven't had it come back since.

Dave

·
Registered
808 Posts
Chiro and massage can help arm problems. I get such bad tennis elbow I can hardly bend my elbow. She gets in there and breaks down the scar tissue. Dam it that hurts. Ice helps no heat. ICE ICE ICE. No heat. Ice for 10 off for 10 ice for 10.

Go to a Chiro and massage therapist first. Sometimes I can real bad pain in my wrist and my Chiro adjusts it. Usually puts 3 or more bones back into place. Instant relief. All kind of things can be wrong. One time I had a bone out in the middle of my hand. Could feel a bump in the back of my hand. Hurt like hell. He put it back in and band instant relief there too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts