1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Structural Engineer
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help Needed - Construction Work

Date: 2009-07-20, 11:21PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I need someone to help me with some construction work at my home. Mainly some basic framing and replacing part of a deck. You must own or have access to a board stretcher to help get the job done. All other tools provided. Pay is negotiable.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Compensation: Whatever You Tell Me is Fair

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
It's APPARENT none of you strive to be proficient in your profession and that the need of good quality specialty tools escapes you! and NONE of you appreciate the need of a left handed wrench set either DO YOU!?:eek:

I have a red handled AND green handled board stretcher use them AT LEAST twice a week. I have three different gauges of electric nail sets and store all of them next to my...........henway!:lol:

·
Structural Engineer
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
His ad is still up. I sent him an e-mail saying that if he was truly a homeowner and someone suggested he post that requirement, then someone was having some fun at his expense, and that he should plot a suitable retaliatory prank. I also said that if he was a contractor messing with the newbie wannabe's out there, then I liked his style.

·
The Finisher
1,396 Posts
His ad is still up. I sent him an e-mail saying that if he was truly a homeowner and someone suggested he post that requirement, then someone was having some fun at his expense, and that he should plot a suitable retaliatory prank. I also said that if he was a contractor messing with the newbie wannabe's out there, then I liked his style.
Let us know his/her reply.

·
Registered
138 Posts
A room mate of mine (like 22 yrs ago) was just starting out on a construction site and his boss said "Go in my truck and get me my plumb bob" (note the LACK of comma there).

Well, his boss apparently thought that his name was "Bob" (it was really MIKE).

...and Mike never did find that fruit that his boss wanted him to go and get for him in his truck. (true story).

:laughing:

·
Where's my coffee?
92 Posts
Metric Cresant wrench and double-ended awl are also some winners...

Years ago, I had a big 'ol pipe puller that was in my rig for a while. Told every one it was the board stretcher that no one could ever find! Most everyone believed me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts