Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Master of Rocket Science
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to go pickup a small truckload of reclaimed wood and found this beauty tucked away i. There. Was wondering if someone could give me the specifics of what the hell it might have been. Its made of solid oak. I know obviously it was a structural beam or header of some sort with mortise and tenon joints but still, anyone have an exact idea? Maybe what time period its from? And would this be an element of timber framing??

·
Punching above his weight
12,101 Posts
Went to go pickup a small truckload of reclaimed wood and found this beauty tucked away i. There. Was wondering if someone could give me the specifics of what the hell it might have been. Its made of solid oak. I know obviously it was a structural beam or header of some sort with mortise and tenon joints but still, anyone have an exact idea? Maybe what time period its from? And would this be an element of timber framing??

I googled "large piece of oak" for you and I got this. Is it this?

·
Boondockian
1,478 Posts
Still don't see a pic.

A large piece of oak that looks like a beam or header with mortise and tenon joints sounds like a piece from a timberframe building. Probably part of an old barn that was torn down.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts