Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Like the diamond above the lintel. Thin stone? or full thickness. The lintel stone could be a clue, though never know with a good operator on a saw.

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is a void where some post work will break the transition. It was too heavy to pick up with a couple or even 4 guys thats for sure. Set it with a chain pulley.

·
Registered
8,133 Posts
There is a void where some post work will break the transition. It was too heavy to pick up with a couple or even 4 guys thats for sure. Set it with a chain pulley.
come on...do a drawing, I don't get it at all, I'm looking for an obvious transition on the back side and I don't see anything, or did you use some brick on top of stone to get to a level spot where you could lay block?

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
That sure is a great project that shows off the visual properties of stone. - Especially in the setting.

The slightly off-center and non-vertical diamond was a great touch to avoid it looking like a "canned" use.

Reactions: JBM

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
come on...do a drawing, I don't get it at all, I'm looking for an obvious transition on the back side and I don't see anything, or did you use some brick on top of stone to get to a level spot where you could lay block?
Its just a block chimney with thin stone on the outside and a stone fireplace inside. We left a pocket for a post detail on the sides.

·
mason contractors
487 Posts
JB that's a 4 to 6'' stone face ? Isnt that a square opening ie. a slanted rumford? Is that going to be a closed in room if so what did you use for the damper?

looks nice

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
That's beautiful work.

I'm curious about the creative process to arrive at that design. Talk with the customer about stone varieties available? Draw pictures? Look at pictures on Houzz? Just tell to let you do your thing? Is the stone local?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts