Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last month, we had a lady call us after hours leaving a voicemail stating she wanted some work done.

We call her back promptly the next morning and no answer, we leave voice mail on the number she told her to call her on. She calls back the same day, again after hours and leaves us voicemail a 2nd time.

We call her back the next day but this time afterhours just in case. No answer, leave voice mail.

She emails us the following day says she never heard from anyone. We email her telling her that we will call her today. Again we call her back and leave voice mail.

We don't hear anything from her after that. Fast forward 1 month to today. We get a call from our advertising publisher telling us that this lady called them directly and complained that no one showed up to her home today for her scheduled appointment and that since no one has called her, she doesn't want our services any longer.

I just got off the phone shaking my head in disbelief.

·
Super Moderator
11,937 Posts
I've gotten a couple angry phone calls from people wondering why we didn't show for service calls as well. One was about 300 miles away and the other we had no record of.

Amazing that some people can even function being that disorganized.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I run into a few nuts a year....just be glad it didn't turn into a BBB report or something similar

I had one a while back who wanted me to fix something 2 years past warranty and from the description likely caused the product to fail himself....even had his father call me back later that night to yell at me....then tried to call the local news on me....

I wouldn't have called back a 2nd or 3rd time

you haven't run into enough nuts yet I can tell...you try to hard to please someone who cant be pleased

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you would be here in Los Angeles this type of person would simply write bad reviews all over BBB, Yelp and Angies List. Be thankful!

·
Drywall Slave
9,441 Posts
If you would be here in Los Angeles this type of person would simply write bad reviews all over BBB, Yelp and Angies List. Be thankful!
If Angie has a list ...Why can't I? Slander ..That's why! It seems to be a one way street.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I got a call from a realtor to do some work for clients of her's who were selling their house. Went out and looked at the project and the HO needed some siding and trip replaced around the house. I priced out material at $200 and emailed them a bid for $575. Called the next day to confirm they got the bid and she says, "Oh we got it. We were told it would cost $200 and your price is just ridiculous! There's no way we are paying that." I tell her material alone is $200, and then hear "click." She hung up on me! I was shocked. I couldn't believe she was so rude.

I called the realtor hoping the HO hadn't called and given me a bad name. Luckily the Realtor hadn't talked to them and i explained what happened. She apologized and felt horrible, but wasn't surprised. She said they are really difficult people to work with.

What is with some people?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Last month, we had a lady call us after hours leaving a voicemail stating she wanted some work done.

We call her back promptly the next morning and no answer, we leave voice mail on the number she told her to call her on. She calls back the same day, again after hours and leaves us voicemail a 2nd time.

We call her back the next day but this time afterhours just in case. No answer, leave voice mail.

She emails us the following day says she never heard from anyone. We email her telling her that we will call her today. Again we call her back and leave voice mail.

We don't hear anything from her after that. Fast forward 1 month to today. We get a call from our advertising publisher telling us that this lady called them directly and complained that no one showed up to her home today for her scheduled appointment and that since no one has called her, she doesn't want our services any longer.

I just got off the phone shaking my head in disbelief.
I've been doing commercial work for 10 years now and often wonder how you guys can deal with home owners. They are certainly a challenge and I think it would require a new level of patience to work with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts