Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Raawwwrrrr
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I have been doing everything I can to resist the urge to go Sola. They look at sweet
So I came to my senses and did what any tool addict would do. I bought the sizes I was missing from my Stabila collection. Unfortunately there were only two, a 36" and a 48". I might have to accidentally misplace a couple :shifty:

·
Registered
902 Posts
So I came to my senses and did what any tool addict would do. I bought the sizes I was missing from my Stabila collection. Unfortunately there were only two, a 36" and a 48". I might have to accidentally misplace a couple :shifty:
I'm up to 4 of them...I'm ok with my current collection, but I'm just digging and searching for a reason to grab a 16" Sola, I've got a good Stabila 16er, but...it doesn't match...and red & yellow levels mixed together look like McDonalds...so...that does it, I'm going to have to get the Sola tomorrow!

Let me know how you like the Sola's after you get a chance to use them for awhile!

·
Registered
624 Posts
I'm buying a magnetic jamber set and am torn between the two brands. I really like my stabila 196 series, but am not too fond of my sola 36. It feels like a toy in comparison, doesn't grip the wall, and can't scribe over the bubble.

My sola is the cheaper version, I believe. Does anyone have experience with the big red series? Are they more robust than the regular sola's?

It will be used for doors, cabinets, carpentry, etc.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I bought the Big X Sola. 4' and 2'. I thought the larger bubble and the glowing part would help me see the bubble. It didn't.

I think, next time, I will buy the ones with the LED light. Night sights on pistols work great. why can't they make a level that really glows? At first I thought it wouldn't glow because I keep them behind the seat and they never get sunlight, but if they get sunlight they usually fade. I think they just don't glow as much as I want them to.

·
Perfectionist
618 Posts
I bought the Big X Sola. 4' and 2'. I thought the larger bubble and the glowing part would help me see the bubble. It didn't.

I think, next time, I will buy the ones with the LED light. Night sights on pistols work great. why can't they make a level that really glows? At first I thought it wouldn't glow because I keep them behind the seat and they never get sunlight, but if they get sunlight they usually fade. I think they just don't glow as much as I want them to.
What brand level offers a led light?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
It is a price bump. I just thought it would help me see in lower light situations, ie: interior work. Usually lighting isn't as good during construction.

I do like the Solas. They just weren't as great as I was hoping.

The main reason I got them instead of the Stabila LED is because I don't like stuff with batteries. The batteries die and then don't get replaced. I always forget that size battery until I go to use that tool again.

·
Registered
221 Posts
It is a price bump. I just thought it would help me see in lower light situations, ie: interior work. Usually lighting isn't as good during construction.

I do like the Solas. They just weren't as great as I was hoping.

The main reason I got them instead of the Stabila LED is because I don't like stuff with batteries. The batteries die and then don't get replaced. I always forget that size battery until I go to use that tool again.
Yeah... I've got more than a few testers and such that seem to have dead batteries right when they're needed :p

As for the lighted Stabila's, I'll probably be picking up a 24" and a 32" with lights soon. We're currently fitting a set of kitchen lowers and I'll be damned if I can see the bubbles clearly. And I even hooked up the under cabinet lights beforehand in hopes it would help :sly:

21 - 31 of 31 Posts