Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone...
Any of you use software to design plans/ estimate costs / create materials lists etc?
I have been looking at different packages but man there are alot of choices... anyone have any experience here?
Thx in advance
J

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Software

Are you using the "Best" Punch program (Architect 3000) there is or one of their lower versions ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
MS Project works for us for scheduling. I still did not learn how to load cost in it :rolleyes: . I use punch Pro for complementary floor plan layouts and permits. Just got Home Designer Deluxe 6, but did not really try it. I tried to keep clients in QuickBooks, but I can't keep my projects there, not enough functionality. Even the new contractor version. ACT! should help with leads and contacts, but it does not work if you have more then 500 fonts on your machine. With all my desktop publishing I have like 6000 of them. But other people swear by it.
I you have money (or connections) get a copy of Primavera. It all you should really need. I managed power plant construction with it and loved it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
MS Project works for us for scheduling. I still did not learn how to load cost in it :rolleyes: . I use punch Pro for complementary floor plan layouts and permits. Just got Home Designer Deluxe 6, but did not really try it. I tried to keep clients in QuickBooks, but I can't keep my projects there, not enough functionality. Even the new contractor version. ACT! should help with leads and contacts, but it does not work if you have more then 500 fonts on your machine. With all my desktop publishing I have like 6000 of them. But other people swear by it.
I you have money (or connections) get a copy of Primavera. It all you should really need. I managed power plant construction with it and loved it.

Scheduling on MS is good but the industry is looking at P6 for a better tool to schedule projects.

Plans like QC Plans, Safety Plans, Risk assessments, SWPPPs can be done with a program that we use to help anyone make high quality plans.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts