Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Soft-Lite Windows

8K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Paul Staub 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever had any experience with soft-lite windows? One of my local competetors uses them, and I wanted to get some info that their website does not have. Apparently they have a coating on the outside that can be matched to any shade of paint, and still maintain a lifetime guarantee. I'm very skeptical (sp?). Any info would be appreciated.

#2 ·
Paul i havent used soft-lites before but something like them. I use to sell a window that was coated with a [special coating] Latex come to find out. Im pretty sure its just paint. maybe a thremal but just paint. The ones i sold had a ten year warranty on th coating and lifetime on the usual . I have painted vinyl windows before and before hand asked the manufacture about warranty claims. They told me as long as it doesnt cause damage do to heat they were ok with the idea. I think most manufactures only problem with interior or exterior coatings is scratches they get during handling and shipping. Just a note i painted my vinyl siding about 8yrs ago and it has lasted longer than i would have expected.

Jeff

#4 ·
If their samples were any indication, the coating won't hold up-- had scratches everywhere.
I didn't think that it would be possible to do this with a lifetime guarantee. It seems as this is a gimmick used to differentiate their windows from others out there.

I feel bad for people in my area who buy from this guy. They are paying $550 a window to start plus $100 per window extra for the coating. Especially when their $650 windows are chipping scratching and peeling in 5 years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.