Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone do to keep track of their sockets in their trucks? I don't use them all that often, but when I do I often open the box they came in and find them scattered all over. I spend more time re-sorting my socket set than actually using them. I have looked on the internet for a solution, but none of them seem really ready to bounce around in my truck every day. Socket rails seem like the best option so far. If so, which ones are nice? Those plastic ones at depot don't seem too sturdy. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I have that same kind of plastic case with the spaces for all the sockets. Problem is mine was cheap and it lets them all roll around. I was looking at the rails but apparently I have to order them because every hardware store around has the plastic ones now.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Not to be rude here? My bad! BUT welcome to this great site, for info/knowledge!
The first thing for you to do, introduce yourself, with some info on what you can do, your trade, where, and etc.. Then from there, my friend, you can get lots of replies, and info as needed! They guys here are real TOUGH!!! LOL

There is thousands of years of good knowledge here! Can't beat it like a sore (speech-less)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Mechanics Time Savers do a pretty good job. Also, Lowes has a 4 row socket rack that would work if you have a tall enough drawer.

·
Registered
358 Posts
If you already have a blow molded case then just buy a thin piece of upholstery foam and cut a sheet to fit inside the case... It will sandwich the sockets into the case. Cheap and effective - find it at walmart or some art supply stores

·
Registered
11,374 Posts
If you already have a blow molded case then just buy a thin piece of upholstery foam and cut a sheet to fit inside the case... It will sandwich the sockets into the case. Cheap and effective - find it at walmart or some art supply stores
Yup, great idea....I've meaning to do that for years. One day I might actually get around to it, too. :)

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Real strong magnet works good. Those magnetic parts holder bowls work good....they wont fall out....and if you set the bowl on a metal surface it will stay put.....works for me....they are about $10 last time I looked

·
Banned
1,907 Posts
Not to be rude here? My bad! BUT welcome to this great site, for info/knowledge!
The first thing for you to do, introduce yourself, with some info on what you can do, your trade, where, and etc.. Then from there, my friend, you can get lots of replies, and info as needed! They guys here are real TOUGH!!! LOL

There is thousands of years of good knowledge here! Can't beat it like a sore (speech-less)

Everyone needs to get over this introduction hangup. There are a lot of members on here and I have not read even a small percent of their introductions. If some one is talking about something relevant to the work we all do let it be.

·
Livin the dream...
6,624 Posts
Everyone needs to get over this introduction hangup. There are a lot of members on here and I have not read even a small percent of their introductions. If some one is talking about something relevant to the work we all do let it be.
Amen. I don't think I have read the introduction section of this site one time and I've been on here since the beginning.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I have been known too keep them strung on a loop of paracord. Keeps them together till I need them, untie a bowline and grab ones I need. Restringing is not as much of a PIA as it sounds.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I have been known too keep them strung on a loop of paracord. Keeps them together till I need them, untie a bowline and grab ones I need. Restringing is not as much of a PIA as it sounds.
I tried that with rolls of tape, and if you want one from the middle it becomes a massive pain in the ass.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts