Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a commercial project that is about to start on a busy street. I am looking for a cost effective way to gain privacy, there are dozens of storefront windows that will need to be treated or covered to do this. We usually use paper but this will take a lot, any suggestions on a better way?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm not sure if this will work for you or not, but we used to mix powdered tempura paints (like they use in schools) with a cheap laundry soap to write on windows. I'm sure you could do the same mixed in larger quantities. The best part was the cleanup, because it already had the soap in it, Just wet and wash.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I'm not sure if this will work for you or not, but we used to mix powdered tempura paints (like they use in schools) with a cheap laundry soap to write on windows. I'm sure you could do the same mixed in larger quantities. The best part was the cleanup, because it already had the soap in it, Just wet and wash.
That's pretty F:censored:in slick!:notworthy

·
Registered
42 Posts
Glass wax. It goes on and comes off just like car wax and the result is glass that is like new. Any good hardware store will have it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I always used plastic or paper. When we painted the windows the guys working inside always scratched holes in the paint so they could look out and of course all you would see all day long is people outside pressing their face up agains the window where the paint was missing :eek:

I can't say that I blame the guys..... there are lots of pretty ladies to look at walking down the sidewalks of Manhattan. :clap: Sometimes I really miss working in the city.

mmmmmmmm.... now that I think of it I may still have some of that paint under MY fingernails :whistling

·
Registered
22 Posts
HS-

Yeah, I wasn't sure it would work for you, but thought it might be worth a shot. Was wondering why thought you used water instead of the laundry soap? We did it to paint murals and stuff on windows. Perhaps just not right for your application.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts