Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The KBIS (Kitchen Bath Industry Show) is running in conjunction with the NAHB International Builders Show in Vegas from February 4th-6th, 2014.

Who's going? I'll be there.. hotel and flight already booked. It's the first time these two shows are running simultaneously. I'm looking forward to seeing 900 vendors together.

http://www.buildersshow.com/Home/
http://www.kbis.com/

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I posted a month ago and you're the first to respond.... I was surprised too. I'm really looking forward to it.

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
Would love to go but it is too long a trip for me and the fam at this time and I still don't understand a trade show being in the middle of the week. :no: Don't they know we work then?

·
Lemonade Salesman
405 Posts
IBS is more than a home show. I agree about taking off from work. However, every year I learn something new that improves my business. Its an investment more than a cost. If you go with the mindset that you are going to learn as much as possible and soak up everything like a sponge it's a worthwhile trip. If its a vacation then you'd be better suited to go somewhere else on your schedule. Some of the most successful people in our trades are there. I make it a point to learn as what I can from them.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Damn... I just missed WOC and I'll be finished up with work here tomorrow night. It's been fun working on the strip.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I planned this trip six months or more ago... if I hadn't, then I wouldn't be going because I'm booked solid, but when I buy non refundable tickets, months in advance, it "forces" me to do what I really WANTED to do in the first place.

Soooo.... I'm really looking forward to taking a little time off and seeing this show.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
I have reservations, but at this time, looking doubtful. I just got back from the WOC, so I really need to stay pass...but, if the weather goes down, may fly out anyway. Direct flight OKC to Las Vegas is only 2 hours.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The only thing I'm NOT looking forward to is the four hours each way of flying time from the east coast.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Man... what a show...!! I spent six hours in the KBIS show Tuesday and only got half way through it, then Wednesday I spent another six hours to catch the rest of the show. Thursday, I rushed through the NAHB show because we had plans for some sight seeing, but all said, I really enjoyed the week and will definately plan to do it again.

I'm mostly kitchen and bath and I contacted enough new vedors and saw enough new products to create some additional profitability from here out.

Oh.. and I ran into this guy.....
KBISFaduka2.jpg

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
I won't miss next year if at all possible. As the weather turned out, I could have did the three days at the show and not missed a thing at home.....but oh well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts