Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A roofing salesman on another board is promoting roofing nailers as a quick way to fasten dens shield. I realize a lot of installers have gone to an isolation membrane but what if an installer used a roofing nailer on dens shield? . Maybe I'm all wet but I'd have to stop him. What say you?

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
It is Absolutely Okey to use roofing nails for Dens Shield. 2013 TCNA Handbook F 144-13 "fasten backer units with corrosion resistant fasteners per manufactures instructions" Dens shield installation guide has Galv Roofing nails at the top of their list. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...zkeMEDBN99jT36A&bvm=bv.54934254,d.b2I&cad=rja

I switched to Galvinized roofing gun from collated screws about 6 months ago and will never go back. SO MUCH FASTER. When you are installing 300+sf of backer as fast as you can, getting it fastened before the mortar starts to set is most important.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
you have that Right. I have asked why Galv siding nails are not approved, I got something about the holding power of the head. Not sure if that is why or not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts