Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had my first interview on Monday morning. I was told that I would find out Friday the result on if I have the postion or not. But it is KILLING ME. If I called them, how would it look? bad idea?This is for an internship

·
Nunya
62 Posts
When I was interviewing for office jobs I used to mail a short thank you note to the interviewer thanking them for the opportunity to interview.

It also gave me a chance to reinforce a strength they were looking for, just keep it short.

Anything to get you to stand out from the other applicants, even if it never really worked for me.

I wouldn't call though.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
They told you Friday- wait until Friday. If you don't hear anything by Monday, you can call. You don't want to seem like a pest.

·
Registered
514 Posts
JC, Don't get your hopes up so high! Spend this time trying to line up interviews with more companies. If you get the job great, if you don't, you didn't waste the week waiting to hear from them.

·
Certified Remodeler
3,207 Posts
I'd show up on Friday at lunch with a bottle of Mogan David 2020.
Bring a couple of paper cups, sit down and screw off the cap and offer them a drink before asking if you got the job.
Rory would hire you if you did that:laughing:

·
Professional Instigator
6,872 Posts
I'd show up on Friday at lunch with a bottle of Mogan David 2020.
Bring a couple of paper cups, sit down and screw off the cap and offer them a drink before asking if you got the job.
Rory would hire you if you did that:laughing:
I'd be disappointed in his choice of beverage but I'd never refuse a drink

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
GOOD ADVICE by the other guys! FRIDAY is FRIDAY.

I took some resume/interview classes and according to them you did the ONLY thing you should do a short thank-you. You interveiwed on Mon. so Wed. you send the "Thank you Mr./Miss.________. I appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to sit down with me." Letter. Throw in "I look forward to working with/for your company as I can bring_________.(insert ONE SPECIFIC trate you feel makes you shine to the company)

Add ONE SPECIFIC reference you had in conversation to remind them of who YOU are.("Hey maybe we can hit the links sometime" or "Can't wait to go fishing with you so you can show me how to catch a marlin like the one on your wall" etc.) KEEP IT SHORT they might have to look at 50-???? Resumes,Thank yous etc.:rolleyes:

The waiting is the HARDEST part(sounds like a good title of a song:whistling)

Calling Mon. won't hurt your chances. If you didn't hear from them yesterday, you got your answer:sad:.but.......there's a 10% chance something came up to distract them(family emergency, the employee you're replacing went postal:shutup:etc.)

As stated DON'T WAIT to get jobs/interviews lined up. It's MUCH easier to start another job and then have to choose whether to quit or stay.
Case in point I've had 5 GAURANTEED start dates, wages locked in etc. in the last 7 months.........my phone hasn't rang and their's has been disconected or voicemail is full etc. F:censored:king A:censored:holes.

Some people just can't tell you no in a strait forward manor!

Good luck in this dog eat dog world!:thumbup:

Never thought of the bottle of______ or the ex-wife thing!! Might work! LOL

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thank You Card

So I had my first interview on Monday morning. I was told that I would find out Friday the result on if I have the postion or not. But it is KILLING ME. If I called them, how would it look? bad idea?This is for an internship

Congrats!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts