1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,889 Posts
God help you, brother.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Hope you have a snow shovel. Should have driven north for a used plow rig.

Seriously, you could probly make a decent buck!

A couple years ago we got two feet in one night. If you had a plow people were waving money at you as you drove down the road to plow their drives. I wish I had one at the time.

Dave

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
55,706 Posts
12" expected in Va. "Beach" tonight. Its been 40 years since I've seen this much snow. Don't know how you guys work around this stuff, I hate it.
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

:laughing::laughing:

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Bwhaaa haaa haa ha haaaa hahaa

Welcome to our world. :laughing:

·
Lazy Millennial
Carpenter
4,024 Posts
Hope you have a 4x4! This winter in my northern Canadian city has been super mild, it's like the weather did a vertical flip across North America. Have fun!

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
Yea when soccer moms went from mini vans to tahoes,, what a laugh!!!

Every intersection they'd be in the ditches!!!!

People don't realize as snow gets deeper their truck will climb on top spin the wheels the snow goes away and they get frame stuck!!

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Youngin' said:
True, I've got dedicated winter tires on my truck as well but there has been some sketchy highway drives. Any vehicle can get stuck, 4x4 can get you stuck farther. :laughing:
Yeah when I got my truck that first winter I told my wife watch this. I went flying into a snow covered field with 18" of snow and was having fun until I got stuck out in the middle lol. She did warn me not to do it.

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
I did that with my x90 last year, what pissed me off is hearing it get louder trying to get out!!

Ripped the muffler right off, I was in a drift where it went from 12" to 24" but looked flat

Thought she was staying till spring but I shoveled out the frame and got going again,

I wouldn't think of doing it now because I know the least amount out there is 24" don't even want to think how deep the low spots are,

·
Registered
785 Posts
joee134 said:
Wait till some of the Atlanta boys post up!!! I think most of them are still stuck from yesterday. :sad:
Ha. You can barely imagine just how bad the traffic is all over Atlanta. My brothers have called repeatedly to remind me of all the times they told me I should have bought a 4x4. I think every ******* in Ga feels vindicated as they drive down the roads this morning.

Attachments

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
I would of stopped at a hardware store and bought some 1/4' zip screws and made it home in 2wd,
Maybe use 4wd to push cars out of the way lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts