Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Don't Eat Yellow Snow!
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hey Dave,

My 20 year old sister-in-law, who lives at my house since her Mom passed away last Spring just got back from London this past Monday Evening, after a 12 day visit with her boyfriend stationed with the Air Force over there. She flew into and out of Heathrow Airport (sp?).

Is that close to you?

Ed
Hi Ed, the snow came in on Tuesday nite and shut most of the airports, Heathrow airport is London direction which is 200 miles south of me,(im North West England in between Liverpool and Manchester) they got the snow on Wednesday so i think she was lucky to get out on time!
Its still here and now frozen and with more snow forcast this weekend so i dont think i will be doing any work for a bit.
Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yea I'v seen a few winters where we had to shovel up into the yard. Right now really darn windy. Blowing 40-80 with higher gust. Boy I just love winter. Well actually I do just dont love the wind. Seen worse. PS I am at sea level. The Highway pass is 14 miles from my house. They get 980 inches of snow. Go higher in the mountains and the amounts are mind-boggling. Thus the glaciers the size of a certain state :).

Oh Yea I'm an ex-Florida boy. Left in the mid 80's - what was I thinking...

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
The winds are the killer since they drift crap so dang bad, we got 28" last month, which is high for our area, though i wont complain. The other day we got 4-6" depending on which part of town we were in, but my one rural account, due to wind, i knew would be special to get too as it usually is, so i hit 4 hours after the winds picked up and was about 7hrs into the storm itself, and STILL had to plow my way into the property.....luckily the north/south roads were all good, but the west/east roads were drifted like this...i took the pictures on my way out.

100yrds later

my driveway that got hit with the drifting crap

Least now the 3 week sub zero temps and winds have subsided, and it's warming up finally.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ah - Winter

:thumbsup:

Now
Look for continuing snow through the late afternoon and evening hours across the Valdez through Thompson Pass area...while the villages of Ellamar and Tatitlek will see rain or mixed rain and snow. Up to five inches of new snow is expected to fall in Valdez through 9 PM this evening.
Tonight
Snow. Snow accumulation 8 to 12 inches. Lows in the mid 20s except 15 to 20 through the pass. Light winds except east 10 to 25 mph through the pass.

Martin Luther King Jr Day
Snow...diminishing in the afternoon. Snow accumulation 3 to 6 inches. Highs in the mid 20s to lower 30s. Light winds except east 5 to 20 mph through the pass.

Monday Night
Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of snow in the evening. Lows in the lower 20s except around 10 above through the pass. Light winds except northeast 10 to 20 mph through the pass.

Tuesday
Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow. Highs around 30 except around 20 through the pass. Variable wind to 10 mph. Through the pass...north wind 15 to 30 mph.
» ZIP Code Detail
Tuesday Night
Snow likely. Lows in the lower 20s except around 10 above through the pass. Light winds except north 15 to 30 mph through the pass.

Wednesday
Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow. Highs 25 to 30.
» ZIP Code Detail
Wednesday Night through Saturday Night
Partly cloudy. Lows around 20. Highs around 20.

Sunday
Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow. Highs around 20.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts