Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Don't Eat Yellow Snow!
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When i used to read on here about the winters and snow you guys get, it used to fill me with envy! well what do you know we have had nearly 10" of snow last nite and today! we havnt had it that bad for 25yrs + in this area, we normally get a dusting of snow and the country grinds to a halt! but this is in for a while with the forcast due to be below freezing for the next 10 days at least!
Becareful what you wish for!
Cheers
Dave

Attachments

·
Motorboatin' son of a ...
1,104 Posts
Well I'm jealous. It's been in the high 70's here. Would love to be somewhere where it snows and actually gets cold.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Had freezing rain this morning. Very little snow this year. Maybe two inches tops. Turning out to be a sucky year so far.:sad:

·
Registered
560 Posts
we are low on snow right now. Hardly enough for the snowmobiles to run on. Usually we have lots more. One storm can change that.

·
Registered
515 Posts
You can have some of ours....24" on the ground and another 5" expected tomorrow. One catch; you gotta take the below 0 weather temps too. (-15 to -20 in the mornings....global warming my butt!)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Ditto wolfgang :thumbsup:! Used to love it when I snowboarded alot but 4 kids and my business doesn't allow much time for that so you can have it! It's supposed to snow here all week. It was 1 degree on Saturday :w00t:!

·
Grand Rapids Remodeling
3,115 Posts
Had freezing rain this morning. Very little snow this year. Maybe two inches tops. Turning out to be a sucky year so far.:sad:
What are ya talking about, we got a good foot and a half, 5" of ice on the lake. :clap:

Hey English roofer, never saw a roofer with such a fine tape measure. Come to think about it I don't remember seeing a roofer WITH a tape measure. :laughing:

·
Don't Eat Yellow Snow!
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As you Know Paulie and Tom,there still trying to convert us to this thing called Metric!, we have resisted thus far but they keep trying!
I was taught to use both at school(yes i went) but to be honest we just shout out nearest the tape like 8ft 250mm just to confuse people lol.
Cheers
Dave

P.S. its stopped snowing now, just frozen now.

·
Custom Builder
48 Posts
Well I'm jealous. It's been in the high 70's here. Would love to be somewhere where it snows and actually gets cold.
It's supposed to be around -30 for the next two days. We'll be chasing frozen pipes for the next week. I'll trade you any day. When it gets that cold crazy things happen. Last night I was at a house and the sump pump froze from the air blowing in through the discharge pipe. This tripped the breaker that was also feeding the tank-less water heater. The sub zero cold came in through it's exhaust pipe and froze the valve inside and it broke flooding the basement of a 900K home.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
You can keep your snow.

And your below 0 temps.

And your metric system.

Its been in the teens here, highs in the thirtys and I can't wait till spring.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Hey Dave,

My 20 year old sister-in-law, who lives at my house since her Mom passed away last Spring just got back from London this past Monday Evening, after a 12 day visit with her boyfriend stationed with the Air Force over there. She flew into and out of Heathrow Airport (sp?).

Is that close to you?

Ed

1 - 20 of 29 Posts