Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in desperate need of advice, the bathroom sink is clogged and every time I try to snake it, the snake goes up the vent. The location of the sink was recently changed and about a 4" horizontal extension was added to move it over. so from the wall, the drain bends 90 degrees left, then hits a junction where the vent goes up and the drain goes down. I can't for the life of me get the snake to go down the hole. Any tips? My next move will be to dettach the drain pipes in the basement ad go up....

·
Registered
124 Posts
Can You Go Down The Vent From The Roof? If The Vent Just Goes Sright Up I Would Try That. If Not I Have Had Luck Putting A Spring Tip On The Drain Cleaner And Get It To Bounce Down The Drain. I Would Not Take The Pipe Apart In The Bastment Just Incase The Plug Is Down The Line Further Then You Might Think.

Good Luck
Justin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. actually, it's not a straight shot from the roof and far from it. the vent wraps around the bathroom, etc. The shower doesn't back up, so as long as I take apart the drain below the shower, the clog must be above that...What's the spring tip look like?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts