Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd pass on the experience I've had with a product which seems to work pretty well.

When I'm leaving a service call or other job, I do a thorough cleaning. One thing I always do is remove any dirty fingerprints from attic scuttles, around electrical boxes, etc. (Or am I the only one that makes fingerprints :rolleyes::laughing:)

Anyway, a customer turned me on to the Mr. Clean magic eraser. I have had great luck with it. You wet it and wipe. It seems to really works well. (even wipes pencil marks clean on drywall)

The only problem is that they tend to disintegrate pretty quickly.

Just thought I'd pass that on you all of you.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Yes they even sell it at the depot by me now, its awsome, :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
24,333 Posts
... One thing I always do is remove any dirty fingerprints... (Or am I the only one that makes fingerprints :rolleyes::laughing:)

Anyway, a customer turned me on to the Mr. Clean magic eraser... Just thought I'd pass that on you all of you.
Never leave fingerprints.:whistling
Try the Dollar Store for them.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Thanks rs! I have never tried it. I always have a tough time getting pencil marks off of walls! These would sure beat my existing method. A little spit on my most callused finger and keep rubbing until its gone!:laughing:

Dave

·
Super Moderator
11,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks rs! I have never tried it. I always have a tough time getting pencil marks off of walls! These would sure beat my existing method. A little spit on my most callused finger and keep rubbing until its gone!:laughing:
Dave
I was amazed at how well it worked. (and it takes a lot to impress me sometimes :laughing:)

Try it out!

·
Super Moderator
24,333 Posts
I was amazed at how well it worked. (and it takes a lot to impress me sometimes :laughing:)

Try it out!
I too am amazed at what these little buggers will clean.
I have them stashed all over the place. Learned about them from my wife.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did a flood repair project where the owner got the county to shovel the county mud out of her house!!! They used round shovels & scratched the tile EVERYwhere. Amazingly though only a few tiles were chipped on the edges, minor about the size of an pencil eraser.

(don't ask about the plywood triangles... ex hubby tryed to help :rolleyes: )

After a couple six packs of magic erasers :thumbup:
They took off all the shovel marks on the tiles.. just amazing stuff.
The mud stained the grout some, so we re-grouted & it looked great!!!!
(pic is before re-grouting)

·
Registered
53 Posts
They are a great product- one always rides in my kit. They were awesome for cleaning an off white deck handrail after a hot weather installation that made for lots of filthy fingerprints. Homeowner was impressed with how thorough we were in the cleanup.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts