Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small job 1900 sq/ft house - normally don't paint home interiors.

Has any had experience with the Wagner Xtra Paint Crew? I am trying to avoid spending 300+ on a commercial version.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Had a guy give me one and its still sitting in the corner. Lousy hose and gun setup and theres no pressure adjustments. Sure wish people would stop giving me things like that....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Those things are junk! I bought one a few years ago, it lasted for about 30 gallons of paint and needed to be rebuilt. I had a CH sprayer after that one and used it for about 3 years until I could afford the one I have now. The CH sprayers are around $300 and are miles better than the paint crew units.

·
...jammin
5,234 Posts
IMO the "Wagner One Use Frustration Spitters" have their uses
However, this particular project (as most) is not one of them (worth the time/frustration/investment)

For some projects eg: sacrificing the unit for a difficult to reach area or a "one-off" and time-consuming (by hand) projects (like a hard to clean up epoxy over the metal under-structure on a fair sized deck), it might be worth it to invest in one
But for the most part, Wagner seems most interested in providing "one-off" tools to clueless DIYers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts