·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7 Posts
nice job

looks nice,nice easy job,not to much in the way.I have only one question,do you fellas not use safety equipment?I didnt see one hard hat or safety rope or even guard rail,up here in the great white north the ministry of labour would have had a heart attack if he saw us doing that.300 bucks for no hat 200 plus for no harnessess, ect ect

·
Thom
4,137 Posts
Jab, if you're working on the roof, what's going to fall on your head? Hard hats for roofers sounds a little silly to me.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I hate wearing hard hats. Butttttt.
One of my fellow inspectors last week was at a housing track walking
between to houses. One of them a two story.
Well a labor was starting to clean out the two story and threw a hand
load of 2x4's out the window only to land smack on my buds head.:blink::oops:
Knocked him out cold. :sleeping: luckley only a big ol knot on the head.:w00t: :biggrin:

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hard hats are required when cranes or someone working above you, so no hard hats are required in this one. Ropes and harnesses on a flat roof is borderline redicilious. Guard rails and safety flags are a good idea but on a small roof like this would have been more trouble to setup and constantly move than they were worth.

So you're probably thinking that we skipped out on all safety huh? Nope there was a safety monitor on site watching at all times which will satisfy osha safety requirements.

Some general contractors require hard hats at all times. It's usually an insurance thing. Our insurance company doesn't give us breaks or I'd make it mandatory too. Anything to save some insrance! I also do very very little GC work, so do not normally have to worry about their silly requirements.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Looks to me that he's under the 50' wide rule and could get away without a safety monitor... all my guys are leading edge trained and that roof has over 50% leading edge so warning lines can be obsoleted...

He's legal from what I can see... :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts