Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Trailer park boy
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
My younger son helps me out every once in a while. If I ask him if he wants to come along for a couple hours his first question is usually, "Do I get to smash something?"
Demo day is my favorite day of every job.:clap:

Aside from payday, of course.

·
Trailer park boy
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Small bathrooms take aslong as big bathrooms not time wise just days, you work yourself out of work too fast!!! Mud, waiting to dry paint waiting to dry!!!

Atleast I got my tub free and had the Ho drag it out do I could take it too the scrap yard , just enough to pay my gas!!!!
Yea, I try to do strategic planning to avoid too many half days on small ones, but it never works.:laughing:

Whats cast worth as scrap?

·
master hacker of wood
2,487 Posts
Last one I did, like a 5x8 was slow going customer ordered what he wanted and it was kinda stupid the tub he picked out,

I tried to get him to give me something else to do after mud or painting he ended up letting me reframe his shed roof and roofing it!

But by myself I had to start and finish it ASAP not really fill in work so I was home by noon riding my bike lol

That tub was worth 40 bucks but keep in mind if I sliced a tire driving in that ****hole it wasn't worth it!! I wanted to drop it in the lot out front lol

I cringe going in there !!!

·
Hair Splitter
18,337 Posts
Yea, I try to do strategic planning to avoid too many half days on small ones, but it never works.:laughing:

Whats cast worth as scrap?
I can get $40-$50 depending on the tub. I won't make a trip for one, but I if I have a garbage can full of metal, I'll take it in.

·
Trailer park boy
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
That tub was worth 40 bucks but keep in mind if I sliced a tire driving in that ****hole it wasn't worth it!! I wanted to drop it in the lot out front lol

I cringe going in there !!!
I can get $40-$50 depending on the tub. I won't make a trip for one, but I if I have a garbage can full of metal, I'll take it in.
I guess 5 bucks at the dump was a good deal to get rid of it.

·
Hair Splitter
18,337 Posts
I guess 5 bucks at the dump was a good deal to get rid of it.
If I don't have any metal to make it worth the trip I just call my scrapper. He'll stop by and pick it up and give me a few bucks for the score. Most of the time I tell him to just keep his $. He's a good guy and pretty much comes by in an hour or so after calling.

·
Trailer park boy
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

·
Hair Splitter
18,337 Posts

·
Registered
6,718 Posts

·
Trailer park boy
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Thanks Shane I like the design for small bathrooms where we have to consider puny cabinets or a pedestal sink.

For the installation guide at least a screw with a screwdriver...lol
I works pretty well and actually has a fair amount of storage space for a smaller bathroom.

I had to modify the upper part with the lights, it came with crown on both ends and would not fit in a corner. Butt cheeks clenched as I was cutting it.:laughing:

The other thing I didn't like was each light had its own cord on it, had to wire a double box above the unit to plug them all in

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.