Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I'm still a month or two away from having all the design and coding done for ContractorTalk.com 3.0... but we do have a few things ready to go so I thought I would release them now.

SPELL CHECK: If you are using Internet Explorer we now have a spell check feature on the site. You need to download the following: IESPELL
Once you download this and install it you can click on the
button on the upper right of the message box and it will spell check your post.

SMILIES: Not really an essential part of the forum but they are fun. I've added a few new smilies to the board. Make sure you take a look.
A few of the new ones....
:thumbup: :thumbdown :censored: :pirate: :stupid: :drink: :boxing:

BETTER EDITOR: The message editor has been improved. You may or may not be able to tell the difference but I think you will find it a bit easier to use.

IMPROVED IMAGE POSTING: There have been problems in the past with people trying to post images in the threads. I think we have solved a few of these issues. Also, you can now use the MANAGE ATTCHMENTS option to upload images and system will display it in the thread instead of making people click on it.

FASTER SERVER: Ok, so I made this change about a month ago but I think there has been a BIG difference in how the site loads.

URLs and Images: You are now required to have 10 posts before posting an image or url. This is an effort to stop spammers.

MORE TO COME:
Articles
New Look
& More....

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
This is good! I like spellcheck, poor spelling exalts ignorance to me.

Speaking of ignorance, I'd really like to get over this photo thing. Hope that you have the capacity when I figure it out.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Teetorbilt said:
This is good! I like spellcheck, poor spelling exalts ignorance to me.

Is there a feature that eliminates run-on sentences and poor syntactical usageamatation?

edit: is there a tutorial on etc vs ect...lol

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Old, are you sure that what you typed is a word?

No. Your search - usageamatation - did not match any documents.

I like new words but this one doesn't even sound good. Pay more attention to Yogi Berra, he is funny.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:eek:fftopic: Ok guys... back on topic

Look, the new smilies are already coming in handy!

·
Registered
386 Posts
:thumbup:

Good Job Nathan !!!

Thanks for All Your Hard Work.

·
Pro Painter
2,314 Posts
Yup....no smilies for us firefox users. It's a microslug world. When IE can open all my favorite sites at once, or even open itself in less than 2 seconds, then it will be worth a damn.

I like the new look of the post editor etc....but can you make all the features work for firefox as well? If not, it just takes all the fun right outta the improvements for people like me. :insertsmileyhere:

·
...jammin
5,234 Posts
Nathan said:
Just added another change that I'm sure to hear some complains about: http://www.contractortalk.com/showthread.php?t=4737
I really think that's fair
there's nothing wrong with asking that members be an active part of the community before allowing them to post URLs and images

It seems lately there have been a lot of new members "wanting to share wonderful ideas" here :rolleyes: , and then getting all offended when you call spam on them :innocent:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Teetorbilt said:
Old, are you sure that what you typed is a word?

No. Your search - usageamatation - did not match any documents.

I like new words but this one doesn't even sound good. Pay more attention to Yogi Berra, he is funny.

Teetor-

Indeed "usageamatation" is not a word. However, the intent was for it to be pronounced along the lines of "edumacation" (usage-uh-matation). I failed at humor badly. Back to the Red Skelton School of Humorosity I guess.

Nathan- Great site changes by the way. Kepp up the good work and thanks for your efforts here.

-oldatation

1 - 20 of 30 Posts