Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to be slow in here so I'll post a few pics and give you someone else to pick on besides MZ:laughing: Correct Deck with Certainteed's Panorama railing. Fencing was USAvinyl.com. Thanks to all who contributed tricks and tips.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Deck framing

and 1 of the top

Attachments

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PA - how did you treat the deck framing? Is it painted, opague stain?

Nice work!:thumbsup:
Zinsser bullseye primer. The posts and the back of the stairs were actually painted, basically eye level...I also painted the header just before heading up the spiral staircase figured people would be looking directly t it just before heading up the stairs. Customer specifications:laughing:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Just a lil' project, holy cow! Like the herringbone inset and the painted structure - very clean, very nice looking both above and below.

Good job, man!

Mac

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Another pic from the other end

Just a lil' project, holy cow! Like the herringbone inset and the painted structure - very clean, very nice looking both above and below.

Good job, man!

Mac
1,500 sq ft plus the 6' steps with 230' ft of railing. Your tip with the herringbone was a big help...and very much appreciated. People don't realize sometimes how long the framing takes when is almost "finish work" from the start.
Is that big covered end screened in?

That is pretty much a bad ass porch right there!!
No...will have that option in the future, but probably not in the immediate future. Her next project is a bath in her basement, and then some sort of a cover for underneath to create the "dry space"
Bryan,
Very nice work.
Thank you for your business.
Marty
And thank you for all your help also Marty...it was a pleasure. A little learning curve, but not a whole lot....not real crazy about doing the tight miters with the pocket screws because of the slight round in the the top of the board, but the rest of it was real reasonable to work with...the pressure treated should be so easy.

Wow! I didn't realize there was that kind of $$ up in your area, pretty cool!
I'll bet the clients love it, and will use it as long as they live there...

~Matt
Shhhh:whistling She was out taking pics one day and was actually crying. ...I asked what was wrong and she says Dale would have absolutely loved it, you do beautiful work. She is a widow and it was their dream when they moved into the place was to put a couple of smaller decks on it.....she knocked it out of the park didn't she! Am looking at another one 1,300 now...a little closer to the ground though.

A lot of gas leasing, drilling, pumping going on. Destroying the area, but land, and home values have done unbelievable things. Not sure how much longer I can take watching the place I grew up in be destroyed:sad:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you get aluminum channels in each one of the fence rails?
Yup...I'm guessing you remember the conversation wrapped around that one. Overall pretty happy with the fencing, just wishing the shipping could be cheaper.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts