Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has ever seen hardware to take a glass front upper cabinet door and have them slide left and right shoji style, or sometype of rollers that are hidden?

Nothing contemporary looking either.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, this is helpful, I'm wondering if something like this exists for face frame cabinets and if anyone has used these?

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Thanks, this is helpful, I'm wondering if something like this exists for face frame cabinets and if anyone has used these?
I've recently used those - not that brand, but like it, for wood and MDF doors, but not glass. I've put plastic rails on the bottoms of some doors, not other. Or small metal buttons. Depends on how heavy the door is. As for face frame or Euro - it's just a matter of how you want to hide the track, or drop it into a dado, or leave it proud.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, one of the problems that I'm running into is that when I do a search online many of the solutions are for euro style or barn door style hanging mechanisms. I'm trying to find an old school solution. I once saw a sliding bypass exterior window but that was a forty year old technology.

Hafela has some solutions.

Thanks J

·
Trees are Cool
195 Posts
The size and shape of the doors makes a difference. Tall and narrow is not good for sliders. You may want an overhead track roller system.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right now I'm trying to find a manufacturers rep that might be familiar with something like thisl Does anyone know of another large company similar to Hafela that might have something? I'm trying to leave no stone unturned.

joe

·
Box Builder
6,320 Posts
you could try hettich/ grant. they might have something. I just spent alot of time researching sliding doors, but not for glass. Hafele is what I ended up with. I was looking at bypassing inset doors. All the euro stuff is really focused towards overlay application. I understand trying to make something work though. Have you looked through this...

http://www.hafele.com/us/en/external/blaetterkataloge/TCH_FC_2013/

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
These are from Hafele. The kind that you drill a 35 mill cup hole at the top and bottom of the door. The bottom has a roller and the top has a retractable pin of sorts. I use the one that has a height adjustment on the wheel.

The track just snaps into a dado.

They slide very well.

Property Room Furniture Kitchen Countertop

Furniture Cupboard Property Room Shelf

1 - 11 of 11 Posts