Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to pour a finished slab in a 20x20 area that already has 4 square footings for a structure being built. The footings are about 10"x14"x1.5' deep and are already set sbove grade for 4" slab. The frost line here is 11" and hardly freezes or heaves. What's the best way to connect the slab with the piers, so no cracking occurs?
Rectangle Automotive lighting Font Automotive design Material property

·
Registered
FL CBC / SC RBC / SC RBI
554 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am but not in concrete. I really just want to see how others would do it. I know in my area (west Texas) most buildings are built on a monolithic slab with a footing about 1 foot deep nothing special. I understand the bond breaker like sill foam between the joints, but if it's tied into the foundation part of the monolithic wouldn't it eliminate separation? We don't get much if any real frost heave here frost line is 11". I figured maybe a bond breaker like sill foam at the exposed finished area and attaching at bottom of slab with rebar.

·
Goin' Down in Flames....
Highwayman
8,589 Posts
Since this site is for professionals only, and I’m not interested in helping diyers, why don’t you tell us what your trade is?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I make my living as an automotive tech. I used to be partners in a construction business primarily fences and small remodels, barns, ect. I also did home inspections, so I know and understand how construction works. I do side jobs and am a professional. Do I make my living as a building contractor, no. If you don't want to give advice or opinions that's fine I'm sure there is other places that will.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts